Good whatever, you are 5, 6 , or 8 hours ahead of me,
Ron and I made it to Waterford in one piece...raining...
But I need to digress to the SFO airport. We were TSA pre check going through domestic security...but were not once we had to get our luggage and go to international when Delta changed our plane to aerLingus...and they said that airline didn't accept our TSA pre check.
So through the stand up/see me names scanner I went...and then she stopped me...said something showed up...and I looked at the picture...beautiful! HA
I immediately knew what it was even though it had never shown up before...my chemo port. She seemed embarrassed, but it didn't bother me. Every single day I count my lucky stars.
WEDNESDAY
1. Do not trust Google directions.
When we rented the car at the Dublin Airport, me declined the insurance...but after emailing our agent and experiencing Ron's driving, we decided to buy it.
We found a Hertz at the Waterford Airport...tiny little airport. Ron googled the directions and off we went...and apparently got lost. We wandered up in the hills and found a nice old gentleman with a friendly dog. He tried to tell us in a million words how to get there, but finally gave us a map.
A few minutes later we were fully insured....expensive but gives us peace of mind. State Farm would not have covered it...
2. Waterford Crystal tour...fascinating. So many steps to produce one piece of crystal. We bought Kristen a Christmas present and chose some wine glasses for us. We will up purchase them from Macy's when we return...
3. Medieval Museum...ummm, perhaps not worth the admission price of €10 for seniors. There is not enough there...I should have listened to Rick Steves.
4. Reginald's Tower...free today which made up for the price of the museum. It is a tower dating back to the 10th century with steep stone stairs spiraling up three floors.
5. Dinner at McLeary's...OMG perhaps the best steak I have had for years...And I am not a big steak eater. What was strange was the manager who came over to ask where n America we lived...as if he could tell we were Americans! HAHA there is no disguise for an American on Europe!
Anyway, we told him we were from San Francisco, and he said, Nope, Georgia.
We were astonished...but his brother had lived in Marietta, GA for 24 years...and recognized the accent that apparently neither of us has lost.
So we walked the 4 blocks to and from the restaurant...and all around everywhere today...and my feet are tired. Ron has already konked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment